Re: My gpg key and the debian keyring

On Monday 29 December 2003 02:58 am, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I was stupid enough to install my gpg key on people.debian.org, one of
> the compromised machines. So I have revoked the old key, created a new
> one, have it signed by a debian developer and send it to "keyring-maint
> at debian dot org".
>
> My apologies if I seem a bit impatient, but I have sent the new key on
> December 4th and nothing has happened since then. Is there anything I
> can do to speed up the process? I would like to work on my packages, do
> some bug fixing and upload new packages.... Any idea when the debian
> keyring gets updates?

There is nothing you can do to speed this process up. I've been trying to get
my updated key (old one expired... again) into the keyring since July with no
luck. I was informed that simply sending the key to the keyserver ('gpg
--send-keys') would update it, but this doesn't seem to be the case, as the
key listed there is not the one I sent.

Good luck.