Re: Announcing type-handling

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 01:28:36AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > type-handling acts as a frontend to dpkg-architecture, which allows for
> > checking of cpu and system separately. This is mostly advantageous for
> > supporting the non-Linux-based ports. Refer to dpkg-architecture's
> > documentation for details.
>
> It's not clear how I can add support these to my packages.
>
> Do I need to special-case these, or do I get a list of those packages,
> or would apt support it?

The type-handling package Provides all of them. However, you can't assume
type-handling is installed. That's why type-handling provides negated
virtual packages (not+i386, etc).

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)