Re: kernel-image not installed by default in woody

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:46:32PM +0000, Simon Heywood wrote:

> <clears holiday backlog of mailing list posts>
>
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 12:03:59PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > A kernel is always installed.  A kernel _package_ is not installed by
> > default (in woody).
>
> Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
>
> I suppose my original question was whether or not this is a sensible
> thing to do given that it results in insecure machines in the scenario
> of a clean install + upgrade from Debian servers.

It is pointless to talk about whether it is a good design; it cannot change
in woody.  Things are already done more sensibly in sarge.  The only thing
to be done is to ensure that the correct kernel is installed, and that does
not seem to be happening for some reason.

--
 - mdz