Re: [Fwd: Bug in Linux kernel ext2 headers]

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 11:21:31AM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some time now, I wonder if Debian (sarge) should have Kernel 2.6
> when using linux-kernel-headers from 2.6. Now that we got the message I
> forward herewith, we should clarify this.
>
> My apologies if this was discussed elsewhere. Then, please just reply
> with a reference.

The patch is absolutely correct, and the precence of the ext2fs/ headers
has _nothing_ to do with the installed kernel, so it won't prevent
compilation with any kernel because you can install the headers on any
kernel, or even Windows, Solaris, or the Hurd.

The real problem is that Joerg doesn't quite like nor understand Linux
but likes to bash it whenever he can.

If he doesn't like the patch just apply it to the debian package.