Re: Linux 2.6.0

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 11:28:43PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

> Sorry for never having looked more closely on your package, but I
> recall that you intended to use dpatch, which would make it possible
> to simply drop the vanilla -mm patch into an unpacked source package
> and compile, with the patch automatically being applied.
>
> Did you drop that design goal, or did I grossly misunderstand?

I don't use dpatch, but cdbs with simple-patchsys.mk enabled which brings
the same functionality you describe. I.e: you can drop a patch in
debian/patches and it'll be automaticaly applied.

My package, however, does not strive for customisation. Instead, you're
encouraged to merge your patches either in upstream or in Herbert's
kernel-patch-debian-* packages.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)