Re: Does CVS server (gluck?) work?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 05:43:17PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > You need to audit your repository and tell debian-admin when you've done
> > so in order that it can be moved back. You'll find it in
> > gluck:/home/oldgluck/org/cvs.debian.org/cvs.
>
> I found tetex repository in
> gluck:/home/oldgluck/org/cvs.debian.org/cvs
> but I'm not sure how I could audit it or what I should
> do before telling debian-admin that it's okay.
> (I've scp'ed it in my disk.)
>
> I'd like to hear any practical advice or help.

Make a checkout out of it and compare it (e.g. with diff -ruN) with your
last good full checkout, if you have one (presumably you do). If that's all
normal, tell the admins to reactivate it. After that, stroll the rest of the
CVS history to see if by any chance someone implanted rogue data in that.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.