Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:42:26PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 14:15, Nunya wrote:
>
> > So far, on *.debian.org, I've found a great many people who actively
> > hate Jesus, this german who apparently has familiar views on Jews (as
> > does frighteningly much of Europe), and a whole bunch of college
> > professors who actively hate America.
> >
> You'd be hard pressed these days to find anyone outside the United
> States with any fluffy feelings towards that country.

Provided you substitute America for The United States of America, of
course, since the former is two continents, the latter is a country...

I do not having anything in particular against the US per se, but rather
against its foreign policy, its "president"'s blatant disregard for
democracy (no, I'm not talking about the invasion of Iraq, I'm talking
about the rigged election), and the total double standards of the
military doctrine (yes, here I'm talking about Iraq, but mostly about
weapons of mass destruction... Who has most of them? The US. Who are the
most frequent users? The US...)

The rest of the annoyances in the US, such as the MPAA, RIAA, stupid
laws, Microsoft, etc all have their counterparts in the rest of the
world, the US versions just get more focus in the news.

Then again, at least Italy has a pretty good counter-part to Bush in mr
Silvio Berlusconi.

Regards: David Weinehall (fully expecting a massive verbal assault)
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //