Re: [developers-l] Re: [debian-devel] Re: security enhanced debian branch?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:04:59PM +0100, Thomas Sj?gren wrote:

> Maybe not "putting Adamantix stuff in Debian" but a GCC with the SSP-patch is
> available for Debian unstable, it was announced a couple of days ago [1].
> A recompiled binutils-package with SSP is available from the same repository [2]

  Just to correct this statment: The SSP-patch that I've enabled is
 for Debian _stable_.

  If there's interest I would be happy to supply an unstable compiled
 version in addition to the stable version.

  However I was interested in compiling core packages and this is more
 interseting for stable, partly because there aren't likely to be major
 updates - so I'm not constantly rebuilding the packages when updates
 occur, and partly because I have a lot of production servers running
 stable for which security is important.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project