Re: [debian-devel] Re: security enhanced debian branch?

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy Matt Zimmerman a következőeket írta:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:07:02AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
>
> > Second, any such effort shouldn't be a branch, but should be mainstreamed in
> > Debian proper.  Please see http://wiki.debian.net/CustomDebian for a
> > possible approach for this sort of project.
>
> For cases where the added functionality is provided by additional packages,
> this is easy.  However, some of the things which are being experimented with
> include compiler patches to produce binaries which make certain types of
> exploits more difficult, and that kind of thing is not easy to merge into
> Debian proper.

I think this kind of stuff could be handled in new architectures. For
example the Adamantix project could be merged back by creating
an architecture i386-adamantix for the stack protected stuff, and
the other parts being a "CDD" by the terminology of the above link.

(I do not know enough about the history of the project to tell if its
developers would consider merging back a good idea or an organisational
impossibility. But the main point is not about that, or even that project
in particular.)

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból