Suggestions for NMU targets
Packages with these sorts of bugs:
* binaries accessing 'errno' or 'errno_h' directly.
This is easy to fix; just make them #include <errno.h> in the
appropriate file. If it builds, you've fixed it.
* Build-Dependency breakage.
There's an awful lot of RC bugs due to this. If you can just add or
change a build dependency and get it to build, it's generally worth it.
(Do check with the maintainer that he isn't *deliberately* keeping the
package out of testing with the RC bug, since this apparently happens
* configure generated from broken libtool.m4 (for mips). This is a
simple rebuild-type issue.
* 'latex2html moved to non-free' bugs -- where latex2html isn't even
used. This is just a dependency removal and a rebuild.
* Extra "conflicts" needed, such as in #190611. Again, trivial.
For some reason a surprising number of maintainers don't seem to want to
deal promptly with trivial-to-fix, but serious, bugs like these. This
is one reason why 'testing' is in such bad shape.