Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 12, 2003

Scripsit Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
> BugScan reporter <bugscan@debian.org> writes:

> > Package: chrony (debian/main)
> > Maintainer: John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org>
> > [REMOVE]
> >   223134 [        ] chrony: FTBFS: Errors in kernel headers

> Why is chrony getting removed?

AFAIU, the "[REMOVE]" tag means that the release manager thinks that
*if* we do not succeed in fixing this bug, *then* it is reasonable to
remove the package from sarge rather than letting it delay the
release.  It does not imply that the bug is less likely to get fixed
than bugs without the tag. (And if it does get fixed, of course it
will not cause the package to be removed).

The first step in getting concrete information is always to look at
the bug in the BTS. Here you'll find that the maintainer of crony is
working on the bug and has filed three comments within the last week.

> >   223145 [        ] defrag: FTBFS: Errors in kernel headers

> (If the maintainer is unresponsive or something I would adopt either
> package.)

This bug is less than a week old, so it's a little early to declare
that the maintainer is unresponsive.

--
Henning Makholm                    "What the hedgehog sang is not evidence."