mozilla 1.6b

I am interested in getting an anti-aliased version of
Mozilla 1.6b.  A pointer either to a deb or to instructions
on how to build it myself from some kind soul in the know
would be appreciated.

The downloadable Linux version from mozilla.org has the
great new NTLM authentication that enables me, for the first
time ever, to browse my company's internal Web pages from
within Debian GNU.  I tested it.  It works.  This is really
good news!

Unfortunately, the appearance of the downloadable browser is
less than appealing.  Neither the page text nor the widget
text is anti-aliased.

I downloaded the source code and compiled Mozilla 1.6b
myself.  Unfortunately, the configure script required that I
install libgtk1.2-dev, and no anti-aliasing joy whatsoever
was apparent.  I have been assuming that mozilla-1.5 in
Debian was using gtk2 for anti-aliased widget text, but now
I'm just confused.

Any help appreciated.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <tevaughan@comcast.net>