Re: Chrony rtc broken?

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> Could someone who is running chrony 1.20 please test the rtc commands for
> me?  You'll need 'Enhanced Real-time Clock Support' in the kernel and will
> need to uncomment the rtcfile line in /etc/chrony/chrony.conf.  Posting the
> output of the rtcdata command in chronyc would suffice.
> --
> John Hasler
> john@dhh.gt.org
> Dancing Horse Hill
> Elmwood, Wisconsin

Hi,

i just uncommented the rtcfile option and restarted chrony. Hope this
info is useful.

chrony version V1_20, copyright (C) 1997-2002 Richard P. Curnow
chrony comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions.
See the GNU General Public License version 2 for details.

chronyc> rtcdata
RTC ref time (UTC) : Thu Dec 11 20:19:38 2003
Number of samples  : 3
Number of runs     : 0
Sample span period :   32
RTC is fast by     :     0.904526 seconds
RTC gains time at  :     9.843 ppm
chronyc>

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson