Re: recovery status update

Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> writes:

> It makes a lot of sense to restrict auric permanently and have an
> up-to-date mirror for general access purposes.  The issues I can think
> of are:

Although I agree that there is definitely something to be said for
this approach, I would like to note an additional issue with it:

- how to verify that katie will process uploads as expected (I'd been
  running dinstall -n, via dput -D; I suppose it would be possible to
  upload separately to the mirror and test there, but that's awkward.)

> - how to run the DELAYED queue

Extra ftp upload directories?  sftp access to the full queue area?

> - how to give developers the possibility of seeing what's in the queue

I believe http://incoming.debian.org/ is functioning as usual (though
it's a bit hard to tell shortly after a dinstall run ;-) ).  Other
queues, especially queue/new, can also be interesting to inspect, but
mirror delay there would hardly be the end of the world.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.