Re: password setting via db.debian.org working?

Ben Pfaff wrote:
Following the instructions on
https://db.debian.org/password.html, I have tried to get a new
password.  This has had no apparent effect, although I've tried
it a few times now.  I haven't received a bounce or a reply.
Anyone else experienced this?

Use the "| mail chpasswd@db.debian.org", and don't use as sender
your "foobar@debian.org". Yesterday I had problems, then I logged
in a my remote machine to do the "cat - | mail" and it solved the
problem.

I don't make tests, just changed and it worked, So IMO the cause can
be ONE of this:
* 'chpasswd' is confused by MUA headers and it send or not the reply
   (but it is processed)
* 'chpasswd' is confused by debian.org and it send or not the reply
   (but it is processed)
*  debian.org route from 'chpasswd' is sloooow. (But I received
   other mails via @debian.org

ciao
	giacomo