Re: Backporting 2.4.23 kernel packages

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 08:35, Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:08:53PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > I presume I can lower the dependencies on things like modutils and
> > > whatnot down to the versions that are in stable with no ill-effects?
> >
> > It only depends on coreutils|fileutils, so there's no problems in that
> > regard.
>
> What about modutils and initrd-tools?

What is needed for initrd-tools?  I've given up on using initrd's for kernels
I compile.

As for modutils, that's probably a bug in kernel-package that it doesn't list
dependencies.

Add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list file to get Brian's back-ports
of modutils and all other things:
deb http://www.microcomaustralia.com.au/debian/ stable main