Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Em Sex, 2003-12-05 às 19:48, Joey Hess escreveu:
> > I see only one -- duplicate work, which has been beaten to death already.
> > But since you insist on my opinion ...
>
> Nowhere in Herbert's response to bug #219304 does he talk about
> "duplicate work". He's quite clearly talking about duplicated
> information in a package. Which would leads to duplicate menu entries
> for Dosemu in the Gnome and KDE menus for Dosemu if he were to add a
> .desktop file. Which would certianly be bad UI and confusing.

You're right about the real problem, but talking about bad and confusing
UI the Debian menu is exactly that. I really wanted Chris Lawrence would
be active to finish his work on the new debian menu system =(.

I'm afraid I'm not capable of doing that kinda stuff yet.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>