Re: [RFC] adding system users: which is the best way??

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > I think the idea of a namespace for usernames used by packages is a good
> > idea, but rather than "debian-", we should take this to the LSB folk, so
> > that we can get it done once.
>
> The problem with this is time. I need to add a system-user (for exim4)
> _now_. Shall I go for namespace, and if yes which one? _debian-exim,
> debian-dexim, DEB-exim?
>       cu and- wondering whether he should actually subscribe to another
>       ml. -reas

Fabbione and I will use debian-sks.  We will summarize and file a bug
against policy next week or so (being quite busy right now).  Feel free
to beat us with submitting a problem description and summary :)

Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal