Re: [RFC] adding system users: which is the best way??
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [RFC] adding system users: which is the best way??
- From: Andreas Metzler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:51:55 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20031130020735.GW23960@marvin.sbg.palfrader.org> <20031130144222.GA4970@cerberus> <20031130144919.GB14443@marvin.sbg.palfrader.org> <3FCA0B8D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031130172908.GB15113@molehole.dyndns.org>
Steve Greenland <email@example.com> wrote:
> I think the idea of a namespace for usernames used by packages is a good
> idea, but rather than "debian-", we should take this to the LSB folk, so
> that we can get it done once.
The problem with this is time. I need to add a system-user (for exim4)
_now_. Shall I go for namespace, and if yes which one? _debian-exim,
cu and- wondering whether he should actually subscribe to another