Re: debsums for maintainer scripts

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:22:44 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> said:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>> > Deployment plan for md5sums everywhere:
>> At ~600 affected source packages, this seems hardly feasible.

> It is feasible. You just to care about it enough, and you certainly
> don't have to do it alone, or in one go.

> Otherwise, it simply won't happen, unless about 90% of the packages
> or so aready use md5sums.  At that figure, you have some changes of
> passing a policy of 'must', and you are guaranteed to get a 'should'
> to be approved IMHO.

	Before we make such a push, we should at least ensure that it
 is something we really want to do. I think locally generated
 checksums are a better solution.

	manoj
--
There are three schools of magic.  One: State a tautology, then ring
the changes on its corollaries; that's philosophy.  Two: Record many