Re: [debian enterprise] sub-project planning

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 06:24:58AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Great to hear. I started a web page at http://debian-enterprise.org/.

  Aren't we still waiting for clarification on the use of "Debian"
 in domain names, etc?  As highlighted by the Adamantix name changed?

> And as I put on the web page, a goal of debian-enterprise ("should be",
> IMHO) to explicitly support *for-profit* organisations. Let's make no
> bones about it - the goal is to make as much profit as possible, such
> that we might Do Good Things (TM).

  I'm agreeing with the ideas of the project, especially availability
 software and security.

  As a related topic I've been working on "bootable Debian", some simple
 bootable CD-ROM's for different purposes,  a simple Mail server
 offering POP3/IMAP/SMTP and Spam filtering in a box and a complete
 Webserver on a CD for example.

  These sound similar to your turnkey server installaionst you mention.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project
http://www.steve.org.uk/Debian/