Re: [debian enterprise] sub-project planning

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:12:52 -0500
Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net> wrote:
> I have discussed this sub-project extensively at Voxel, and we are
> willing to commit to seeing this idea through - in a manner that allows
> the Debian community to benefit from resources that we put into it. We
> are willing to provide developmental resources (Voxel is more than
> willing to pay me to head up this sub-project), hardware, legal
> resources, bandwidth, and hosting, with development happening under the
> Debian moniker.  We are also researching the possibility of 24/7
> commercial support for enterprise clients, as that is a large part of
> what companies want (both for technical support, as well as someone to
> blame when something goes wrong).

Up until this portion of the email, I was thinking, "oh yeah, this
sounds good, and get a big company involved too - like HP or IBM."

Any thoughts on that? Anybody from HP or IBM here want to weigh in?

P.S.: I'm willing to put work into the debix/FAI-type stuff.