Re: How to improve archive verification possibilities for the future

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:19, David Palmer <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 12:50, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:56, "David Palmer." <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au>
wrote:
> > > Adamantix, http://www.adamantix.org/
> > > may be a better choice.
> >
> > If we were going to consider non-Debian distributions for running Debian
> > servers then perhaps we should consider Red Hat and SUSE as well?  :-#
>
> Adamantix is Debian stable, testing, and some carefully selected sid.

Adamantix is based on Debian, just like Knoppix, Lindows, and several other
distributions.

http://www.adamantix.org/faq.html
The Adamantix faq says "Adamantix is not Debian" (section 8) and "This
technical mumbo jumbo means in ordinary English that you cannot simply
install Debian packages" (section 3).

Also Adamantix had to change it's name from "Trusted Debian" because it is not
Debian.