Re: How to improve archive verification possibilities for the future

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On 27 Nov 2003 20:19:02 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow
> <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> >Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:
> >> (3) We should have packaged scripts available that do the actual
> >> verification steps as a turn-key procedure to be done by people not
> >> adept in scripting.
> >
> >Thats what apt-secure does, right?
>
> I'd prefer to be able to check an entire archive if I have shell
> access on the mirror machine.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Look at

debian-installer cvs: build/mirror-check

once the cvs and accounts come back and I can check the script in. I'm
using that to check the partial archive constructed for the d-i cdrom
image which is identical to the debian archive, just smaller.

Maybe someone will package it or maybe there already is a script
packaged.

MfG
        Goswin