Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 10:44, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Yann Dirson <ydirson@altern.org> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 04:42:44PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > > Why does testing get out of a releasable state?
> > >  o RC bugs are found after entering testing
> > >  what else?
> >
> > - Maintainers sometime miss versionned deps
> > - Build-deps are ignored by the testing scripts
>
> - Binary arch and binary all packages aren't autobuild and still fail
>   frequently.
> - Foo depends on Bar and new version of Foo entering testing breaks
>   Bar
> - pre/postinst/rm scripts that worked from release to release fail on
>   the version jump in testing

This I think has been kind of answered elsewhere, but since these point
are all so nicely located together:

How much of these can be usefully tested for (automatically,
efficiently), and at what "arliest stage (eg. as part of developer build
scripts, or only on entering the buildd process), so as to improve the
state of testing?

ta
zen

--