Re: Legal problems of unbuildable testing (Was: ... towards Debian 3.1)

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:04:55AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> What is a licence problem is that Debian needs to ship the source to
> all binaries. For hundreds of packages that is not available in sid.
> Every time a new source version is uploaded 10 archs will be left with
> binaries without source until the buildd catch up, which can be as
> much as 400 days in the extreme.

We do ship the source for all these packages, it's simply not listed in
the the Sources.gz file. We've been doing this ever since we switched
to the pool/ structure almost three years ago. As an example, the perl
5.8.2-1 source is only being kept around in the pool because perl on
mipsel is out of date. galeon 1.3.3.20030419-1 seems to be in a similar
situation.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda