Re: An idea about testing

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:25:03AM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> However, why only the last sid version is considered?
> The idea is: let a particular version of package to become a candidate for
> testing, and be such a candidate until it either enteres testing or there
> is a very serious reason to replace the candidate version be a newer one.

Aaah, the old "every upload is a candidate" solution.

Let's say I upload a version of my package.  A day later, I upload another
version.  The first version doesn't get anywhere near enough testing, and a
bunch of packages get rebuilt against the later version.

The first version will effectively propagate into testing without any prior
testing.  If, for some reason, the second version gets blocked, then we have
a potentially very buggy version of a package in testing, and potentially
into a release.

- Matt