Re: New kernel headers break LVM build

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:38:39PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 03:53:58PM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> > > Fix LVM1 to keep copies of the headers it needs in it's source tree.
> >
> > including asm directories for all 18 architectures. Ah well; if it's already
> > gross, making it hugely gross is not much of a descent.
>
> So what exactly does it need?  When I was doing lots of LVM work it
> didn't need anything from asm/, in fact the only thing that I remember
> it needed in addition to lvm.h was list.h because lvm.h is buggy enough
> to embedd a struct_list head in a user-visible structure..

I've looked at this is some more detail and I think I can get away with just
asm-*/ioctl.h. The 2.6 one doesn't work because it checks the last argument to
_IOWR etc which in lvm.h is set to "1" rather than a datatype <sigh>. liblvm.h
also includes linux/genhd.h and linux/major.h which seem to be fairly clean for
further asm/ includes.

Maybe this will work. It seems OK on my PA box, I'll try Alpha tomorrow if I get
chance.

patrick