Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> This seems like a solution in search of a problem. What problem are
> you actually trying to solve? Start by describing it, then we can try
> dreaming up ways to solve it. [Given your vague description of what
> this would accomplish, I have a few guesses about what you might be
> trying to do, and I think there are probably less intrusive and more
> effective approaches].
Sorry if my English is not as brilliant to explain the problem clearly
to everybody.  So I try a simple example:

     http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=postgresql

If there would be a recent perl for each architecture postgresql
would have entered testing.  I guess there was a working perl before
there was trouble with MIPS buildd which wuold have enabled postgresql
to enter testing.

Feel free to search for other examples whose show stoppers are FTBFS
bugs.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)