Re: Tabs v.s. spaces

Tom wrote:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 11:04:48AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
*It looks like multi-line method invocations require parenthesis to be indented at the paren level. Sometimes that's useful, but often I like to pack arguments tighter than that and indent only once on subsequent lines:
    myreallylongmethodname(bar, bar, bar, bar, bar,
      baz, baz, baz);
    myreallylongmethodname(bar, bar, bar, bar, bar,
                           baz, baz, baz);

Nope. That was just my stylistic choice. The rule is that lines are continued within an opening brace and whitespace is ignored. So both the above are legit.

Serious #2:

Multiple statements per line in diagnostic code and error flow control.

The operant value in both these cases is some code is relatively unimportant to the main flow of the program and doesn't warrant gobs of space.

Actually, this I can see. Although I certianly don't miss it. Of course if you really want it...

{grey@teleute:~} python
Python 2.3+ (#2, Aug 10 2003, 11:33:47)
[GCC 3.3.1 (Debian)] on linux2
>>> print "foo" ; print "bar"