Re: Tabs v.s. spaces

"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh@quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> Oh, you meant autoindenting as you type... I thought you were referring to
> indenting tools. As long as it's unintrusive, I'm OK with that.
> Unintrusive as in, not anywhere near the atrociousness of MS Word, for
> example.

Um, wasn't this thread about programming? A programmer should use a
programmer's editor. A programmer's editor should be able to indent the
code for the language used while it is being typed.

If you are not able to use a programmer's editor, I fail to see how you
can even try to argue about the usefulness of Python's whitespace
handling.

--
Florent