Re: Digital Alpha 2100 Sable 233MHz

Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> writes:

> On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 15:47, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > I have a DEC Alpha 2100 Dual Processor with 256MB Memory and ~60GB of
> > drives space. It currently doesn't have any OS on it (well Tru64 Runtime
> > Only no User licenses)
> >
> > I have a 1.5MBps SDSL line with a pretty good connectivity, but is
> > shared with the business it would be located at.
> >
> > I guess, the question comes... would it be usable for Debian
> > building/development of the Alpha port?
>
> Forgot... Dual 233MHz EV4.

Apart from disk space that a rather small system. On a dual cpu one
would like to run two buildds giving 128Mb ram to each. But c++
programms easily eat up 300-500MB during compile. Even with only one
buildd the system would swap for bigger packages.

Currently what I think would be far more usfull than another buildd
(alpha has an empty build queue anyway atm) would be testing the
debian-installer. From Tru64 I guess you have srm installed so the cds
with aboot should boot and work. If you have the time please do test
d-i.

MfG
        Goswin