Common SSL CA Certificate Directory

Does Debian by Policy have a standard directory to store Certificate
Authority certificates? I've run into the need to incorporate a
certificate into a number of services on my system: web browsers, email
clients, email servers, ldap clients, etc.

As of now, I am putting them into /etc/ssl/certs, and setting each
program to look their.

Should there be a policy about how to set up certificates in the Debian
system, so that maintainers could configure their packages to look in
that location?

--
Jerry Haltom <jhaltom@feedbackplusinc.com>
Feedback Plus, Inc.