Re: Changes in t1lib.

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:09:27PM +0100, Artur R. Czechowski wrote:
> I would like to inform you, that some important changes happened to
> t1lib 1.3.1-4[1] package.
>
> I changed the naming scheme. All binary packages contain version in its
> name, i.e.: t1lib-dev is now named t1lib1-dev. Of course old packages are

Hmm. Why?

It seems quite common to provide libxyz-dev which always matches the
latest libxyzN package, even when libxyz1 becomes libxyz2 etc.

It also means that if package X doesn't require any particular version,
it can build-depend on t1lib-dev and always get the latest version.
ie IMHO changing the build-deps of packages that use t1lib would be a
bad idea.

Hamish