Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:37:24PM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@compsoc.dur.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > In what situation would the linux-kernel-headers package be needed
> > seperate from libc?
>
> Ths issue is not whether it is needed separately from libc-dev, the
> issue is that it comes from a different upstream source and thus is
> best handled in a separate source package.  This requires it to be
> in a different binary package too.

Precisely.

The original reason it was separated was because I wanted to maintain
a separate set of .patch files for the Debian-local changes to the
kernel headers.  This way was most convenient.  Also, most fixes to the
kernel headers do not require glibc to be rebuilt.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz