Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:56:37AM -0500, Greg Stark wrote:
> > > It would be helpful if Debian could even be installed on machines newer
> > > than about 2 years old.
> >
> > It would be helpful if people wouldn't make sweeping generalizations all the
> > time. Only a part of the new machines are made with hardware that needs
> > particularly special drivers, there's plenty of it that works fine.
>
> Sure, as long as I didn't need the network interface or access to all my hard
> drives 2.2 would have been fine.

Hey, I installed a machine recently that had a set of network cards that
didn't work with our bf24 kernel. Just as I was about to mumble something
about Debian, it turned out that the driver isn't in 2.4.22 either. I'm not
particularly bothered, workarounds are a fact of life.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.