Re: Grsec/PaX and Exec-shield

[NB: When reponsding using the web archives, please get the References
and In-Reply-To: correctly. You may also consider setting MFT:]

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003, Peter Busser wrote:
>> PaX would take much more time so I can't do it.
>
> You cannot do it or you don't want to do it?

Russell has made it adequately clear that he doesn't have the time or
the desire to deal with PaX at this time. As a volunteer, that's
always his prerogative. [As a side note, if you are trying to enlist
volunteers, I strongly suggest not berating other developers while
doing it.[1]]

> In fact, anyone can do it Russell, I'm pretty sure even you can do
> it:

Why not volunteer to make the .deb, get a sponsor and get it uploaded
then? Surely you have more control over where you spend your time than
how Russell spends his own?

Don Armstrong
1: See the mplayer saga for a relevant example.
--
Filing a bug is probably not going to get it fixed any faster.
 -- Anthony Towns

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu