Re: Automating of localizations

(Cc: list severely trimmed)

Petter Reinholdtsen dijo [Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:47:11PM +0100]:
> (...)
> The locale-config-skolelinux package is not yet uploaded into
> Debian/unstable, but it is our goal to get the functionality we want
> included in the normal DEbian packages.
>
> Our package is available from the Skolelinux APT source:
>
>   deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local
>
> The source is in our CVS,
> <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/skolelinux/src/locale-config-skolelinux/>.
>
> I would love to get support for Greek in the package as well. :)

I am currently working on adding es_MX (Mexico) to it... I got a
question (and, sorry, I have not really diven into it, it might be
quite simple: In conffiles.d/timezone you list many possible timezones
for each locale configuration. However, es_MX spans some different
timezones (three basic timezones, plus some subtleties as at least one
state not participating in the daylight savings). Most people would be
happy with America/Mexico_City, but obviously this does not make
someone in Mexico/Tijuana happy.

What should I do?

Greetings,

--