Re: status of Progeny projects

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 04:45:55PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> And using rpm to install rpms on a dpkg-managed system is bound to fail.  Any
> time you have multiple package managers working side-by-side will cause
> issues, as neither will know about the other.

My statement that you can use rpm was for extracting the tar, not installing
the packages with it.

So your expect dpkg-rpm not only to extract the tar, as you have written,
but also to execute the control scripts, do the registry and so on? I fail
to see that alien is that far, so I wonder how a build in method would work
better.

Greetings
Bernd
--