Re: Accepted libxml2 2.6.0-1 (i386 source)

Hi Debian Developpers

The latest version of libxml2 has been uploaded to experimental with brand new
API extension, and theorical ABI/API compatibility with previous versions.
Which is supposed to mean that there is no need to recompile anything.

But everybody knows that the difference between theory and reality is that in
theory, there is no difference.

Since libxml2 is used by tons of others packages, I didn't want to release the
beast in the wild, even if there is no supposed API/ABI breakage, and made
this release uploaded to experimental.

Now, I would need some help to be assured that everything still runs (or will
build) fine with this new release. So, if some people could give a try to the
experimental package and give some feedback, that would be very helpful.

On the other hand, if you feel that the package should be uploaded in
unstable, just express yourself in an answer ;)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Mike