Re: Howto find packages that build-depend on pkg

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 05:55:22PM +0200, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:

 > How can I find all packages that build-depends on a package?  In my
 > case, I'm looking for packages that build-depends on docbook-xml and
 > docbook-xsl.

 Please excuse the somewhat terse answer of our fellow Goswin...

 You need to download the Sources file for the corresponding
 distribution.  It's available in the same place as the Packages file.
 This file contains the information you need.  In order to extract it,
 the easiest way is to use grep-dctrl, like this:

 $ grep-dctrl -n -s Package -F Build-Depends docbook-xml /path/to/Sources

 $ man grep-dctrl

 for more details.

--
Marcelo