<no subject>

Dir sirs,
sorry if this is not the correct address for feature requests, but I don't know where to send this mail to.

I've installed a debian system (knoppix 3.2) with kernel 2.4.20 on my toshiba laptop (satellite pro 2100).
Under KDE in any application I've got a offen occuring repeating error.
If I hit a key the letter somethimes appears up to 3 times (with only one hit).
This problem is know by some developers...
(http://www.met.ed.ac.uk/~hcp/t9000.html -> "Dealing with the bouncy keys" )
(I found further instructions who tell me to edit the keyboard.c and recompile the kernel)
But I'm no system adminstrator and have not the knowlege to recompile a whole kernel.

So I want you to ask, if a further release (>2.4.20) has implemented this bugfix so that I'm
able to reinstall the whole release (that's quite easier for me).

Thanks a lot for this great free linux system.
regards
Jens

Bestes Testergebnis: Stiftung Warentest Doppelsieg fur WEB.DE FreeMail
und WEB.DE Club. Nur fuer unsere Nutzer! http://f.web.de/?mc=021182