Re: Which packages will hold up the release?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 12:38:57PM +0200, Peter Makholm wrote:

> /*
>
> You might ignore this comment...
>
> Looking at the list of RC bugs the packages seems to fall in two
> categories. Packages I don't use and packages I don't feel comfortable
> in touching (glibc being an example of the latter).

Have you tried popbugs, in the debian-goodies package?  It aims to show you
RC bugs in packages that you use.

> And then depencies and build-depancies for these packages is needed
> too. Has anyone tried to make such list of packages we can't release
> without and made a list of RC-bugs in excatly those packages?

An approach like the above would produce an individualized list for each
developer, and the intersection of these lists would end up being something
like what you envision here.  So if everyone fixes bugs in packages they
use, the packages that they use don't get removed.

--
 - mdz