Re: faster boot

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 12:05:24PM +0200, Andrea Mennucc wrote:
> there has been a lot of interest lately on tecniques to obtain a faster
> boot; for example
[...]
> http://www.fefe.de/minit/
[...]
> is anyone trying to implement the above in Debian?

I've implemented the runit package, somewhat similar to minit, modeled
on the daemontools' service management concept, and available in Debian
sarge and sid:

 http://packages.debian.org/runit
 http://packages.debian.org/runit-run

But it's not a drop-in replacement for sysvinit as it's not compatible
with normal init scripts.  You may be interested though.

Regards, Gerrit.
--
Open projects at http://smarden.org/pape/.