Re: recent spam to this list

* Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> [031012 20:25]:
> Second hint: If you insist on your right to forge your email address,
> anyone else can forge your address as well. Is that a right you really
> need?

It's about to *use* an e-mail address, not about forging one...

> Third hint: You can still choose to allow any IP send emails in your
> domains name. Just do not add the records in dns, and everything will
> stay as it is currently.
>
> The antipathy against the a POSSIBILITY of a domain owner to restrict
> sending mail in name of his own domain to few IP's is what is silly,
> not the proposal...

Well, this proposal sounds like "People who do not want to get hit by
falling statlites should wear a fish on their head." I'm against this
proposal, even though I would not even wear a fish on my head, if it
became a law.

MfG,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.