Re: recent spam to this list

* Gerfried Fuchs

(Discussion moved from -private, all text and references which refer
to stuff not ok to quote outside -private removed.)

| * Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> [2003-10-09 22:03]:
|
| > I think it's a silly proposal, since it will hinder people like me who
| > are sending all their mail from a laptop to send their mail properly.
|
|  The concept of SMTP AUTH is completely new to you, is it?  Sorry, these
|  kind of objections are just as silly as you call the proposal silly.

Uhm, no, why should it be?  Having gnus set up to use SMTP auth and
using a different server based on what the From address is would suck
and be non-trivial.

| > but it'll suck for mobile users in general.
|
|  Mobile users are strongly encouraged to use SMTP AUTH.

How would you set up so that my laptop (or yours or whoever's) can
send mail from about ten different domains if the server you are
sending to is using SPF and the domain you are sending from have it
implemented in DNS?

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-