Re: help needed with #213474 (glibc issue?)

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:25:34PM +0200, Joerg Wendland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> fam (of which I am the maintainer) stopped working properly on PPC (see
> the bug report from the subject).  I suspect this has something to do
> with the way glibc handles SIGRT* signals.  As of libc6 2.3.1 I head to
> link fam against -lrt and -lpthread for those signals to work, and it
> did work.  Now the new and broken revision of fam is compiled against
> libc6 2.3.2 so I am wondering if it could have been a change in the
> behaviour of SIGRT* and the librt and libpthread libraries on powerpc
> that introduced this breakage.  Maybe it could relate to #207806, but I
> do not exactly know.  Is there a glibc maintainer/hacker who could
> clarify this for me, please?

I couldn't find any technical information about the problem in any of
those messages.

There was a behavior change: SIGRTMIN is no longer 32, but the lowest
signal number not reserved by glibc.  But that's not likely to be your
problem.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz