Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 05:54:09PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Because it is the only thing I could find that reflects Debian's
> > take on security fixes: feature backports are to be avoided.
>
> That's because it's the position of the *Security Team*, and is
> certainly not binding on other developers who are making changes to
> packages in *unstable*.

I don't see how the package being in unstable affects any part of this
argument.  Will the feature backport be less desirable when the
kernel-source package is released in a stable revision of Debian?

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>