Re: d-i milo missing (might have fix)

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 13:11, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:49:29PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 12:18, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > The alpha port still has boot issues. In particular, we still lack the
> > > source to milo. This is unresolved. Despite this, CD images are in
> > > progress.
> >
> > Which version of milo are you referring to?
>
> > I still have 0.13 through 0.27 laying around. Will that help?
>
> You tell us. :)  So far, no one has stepped forward to manage the MILO
> side of things.  Dealing with aboot is easy; it's packaged in Debian, so
> pulling it from the archive when building CD images is straightforward.
> MILO, OTOH, is not packaged at all, and (if my knowledge is current) has
> a rather grotesque build process due to its use of a stripped-down Linux
> kernel as the second-stage bootloader.  Getting it somewhere that it can
> be smoothly incorporated into the d-i builds is a challenge, one that's
> likely to only be overcome by someone with a vested interest in the
> MILO-dependent subarchs.

Quick question then...  how do I get on the mailing list that develops
the d-i? I don't see a specific one on lists.d.o. (I could be blind
though)

I have a DEC Alpha 1000/4 and a DEC Alpha 2100/4 (sable) that could be
stand a linux install on them. Currently I have no valid license of
OSF/1 or Tru64 for them, except a 1 user "root-only" license. The 2100
would be the nasty one to get it to work on. They both require milo, the
sable has never booted linux "proper" ever, as it's is the "early
version"

I am interested in helping out. But be warned, I come from a HARDWARE
background not a programming one.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

I should welcome flagellation by your ovoviviparous torso.