Re: Resolvconf -- a package to manage /etc/resolv.conf

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:37:21 +0200, Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> said:

> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 20:25, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> I have a laptop that sometimes is on fixed ip wireless
>> networks. Since dhcp is not involved, there is nothing that updates
>> resolvconf, which could be pointing to an inaccurate set of
>> servers.

> If you bring the interface up with ifup then the solution is to put
> the nameserver address on a "dns-nameservers" line in the interface
> definition stanza.  E.g.,

	I use that for my non-pcmcia interface.

> You must be referring to /etc/pcmcia/network.opts here.  Hmm, yes.
> If you are using the /etc/pcmcia/ stuff to configure PCMCIA network
> interfaces then this is a sensible thing to do.

	Well, I've been using pcmcia way before there was hotplug, but
 I'm willing to learn.

> My own preference is to disable everything in
> /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and set things up so that hotplug does ifup
> and ifup configures the interface in the standard way.  Then I can
> use dns-nameservers lines for PCMCIA network interfaces too.

	I would be interested in knowing how you set it up  equivalent
 to cardctl scheme allows me to set up pcmcia networks. Please mail e
 offlist if you wish.

	manoj
--
In a great romance, each person basically plays a part that the other
really likes. Elizabeth Ashley